We’re hiring Medical Scribes, Chief Scribes, and Scribe Trainers in the Triangle!
Medical Scribe Position
MedScribes is in search of highly motivated, part-time candidates with strong customer service skills to provide documentation support to physicians. A scribe is a valuable, non-clinical member of the treatment team who optimizes workflow efficiency, ultimately improving the patient-provider interaction. Scribes work with providers in various settings, including emergency departments, outpatient clinics, and hospitals. We are seeking qualified individuals who would be willing to work at various times of day and in different locations.
Requirements for all scribe openings:
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Transportation: Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Typing skills: Minimum 50 words per minute.
- Education: College-level biology, anatomy, and/or medical terminology preferred.
- Experience: Exposure to clinical environment preferred, but not required.
- Personality: Motivated, eager to learn, customer-oriented, flexible.
- Physical Requirement: Able to stand for long periods of time and capable of documenting a patient encounter while standing or pushing a mobile computer.
- Commitment to work: Minimum of 2-3 shifts/clinics per week for 1-year.
Benefits for our Scribes:
- Exposure to a clinical setting for scribes considering nursing, physician assistant, or medical school.
- Interaction with clinical providers in different settings.
- Opportunity for a letter of recommendation.
- Competitive wages offered.
If interested in this position, download and fill out an application. Recommendation letters may be submitted with an application or sent directly by the recommender to email@example.com. MedScribes is an equal opportunity employer.
Download a Medical Scribe Application
Chief Scribe Position
Requires candidates to have six months experience as a medical scribe in a fast paced environment. A Chief Scribe must demonstrate the qualities of a medical scribe and be willing to go beyond minimum expectations. A Chief Scribe needs to have an understanding of patient flow as well as confidence in medical terminology and documentation. Our Chief Scribes have day-to-day responsibility over a clinical site. Thus, they are entrusted to train new medical scribes, prepare schedules, and maintain communication with the clinical site leadership.
Chief Scribes maintain a schedule that allows time for scribing while balancing administrative tasks. We request Chief Scribes be available to work 30hours per week for a minimum of one year. Chief Scribes will undergo a probationary training period to learn the requirements of the clinical site and administrative responsibilities.
If interested in this position, download and fill out a chief scribe/trainer application. Recommendation letters may be submitted with an application or sent directly by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org. MedScribes is an equal opportunity employer.
Download a Chief Scribe/Trainer Application
Candidates should have a minimum of six months of independent experience scribing as well as some prior involvement in training. A trainer must be willing to learn client expectations, work on module development and support training for new scribes at the client site. Further the trainer will be expected to work as a scribe at a base location to maintain personal scribe skills.
To be successful in this role, we recommend: a minimum one year commitment, a flexible schedule with availability to work 30 hours per week, and a willingness to travel in the Triangle area. Trainers will undergo a training period to learn expectations of the role and to demonstrate confidence in training.
If interested, please download, complete and submit the chief scribe/trainer application to email@example.com. Recommendation letters may be submitted with the application or sent directly by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org. MedScribes is an equal opportunity employer. Download a Chief Scribe/Trainer Application